Monday, January 2, 2012

What I know Now.

When I first started the OCM I said I might make a pre-mixed bottle of my oils.  Wrong wrong wrong was I!  I don't think you should ever do this and here's why.

Skin is ever changing.  When I started the OCM I used half jojoba half castor and one drop of tea tree and my skin felt perfect.  After about 2 weeks it started feeling oily so I increased the castor oil.  Well over the past week I have increased the castor oil everyday until finally I used only castor oil.  Guess what.  My skin was great after that, not dry at all.

Another thing I did.

Last night I cleansed with only tea tree oil.  I would not recommend this to anyone with even slightly dry skin but if your oily and acne prone like I then you might give it a try.  It is strong and gives your skin an extreme cooling sensation.

The biggest lesson here is to not be afraid to change your ratios.  Next week who knows what I'll be using. If you feel oily bump up the castor and if you're feeling dry give the jojoba a few extra drops.

I'm still very eager to try Crunchy Betty's Honey Cleanse.  I'm in the process of moving and have been swamped with all involved in that but Honey Cleanse and Bare Mineral purchase is coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thought this is an interesting way to document your progress. Are you still doing the OCM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I had borrowed your great idea. I have credited you and have included a link to your blog in my first post. I see it's been a while since you've posted, so hopefully you can keep us updated! If you would like follow me as well, please feel free to do so. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete