Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Makeup Issue

I typically wear very little makeup.  Concealer under the eyes, eye liner, a little blush, chap stick, curl the lashes and go. When I want to get a little more fancy I add loose powder, eye shadow, and mascara.  With all of the holiday occasions lately I have been wearing more makeup than normal.  This has presented a problem.

If I OCM in the morning in the shower then I have to do it again at night to remove the makeup.  I think only once a day is better.  I've had a few blemishes come up this past week.  They go away pretty quickly and are nothing compared to the ones I would get before I started the OCM but it has still been disheartening since I was doing so well.

I decided to up the Tea Tree Oil to 3 drops and increased the amount of Castor Oil to about 60%.  I hope this will get me back to perfectly clear skin.  But it still leaves the makeup problem.

I'm thinking I need to seek out new makeup.  A more natural skin friendly powder that won't ruin all of my OCM goodness.  This is going to be challenging and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Cleansing!

4 comments:

  1. Bare Minerals. Seriously, very skin friendly. And won't mess up that OCM goodness.

    I'm a new convert to OCM and am trying to find out what other women do between oil cleanings. Warm water? Witch hazel? I'm a lifelong twice-a-day cleaner and I'm feeling a bit lost without something to do in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muse Mama, I was going to say the exact same thing. Bare Minerals has changed my life, pretty much. Not only is it more skin friendly, but it looks better too; so much more natural.

    I am also trying out the OCM. I started out a few weeks ago, but I must be doing something wrong because my skin is currently going insane. I don't even want to leave the house, that's how bad it is. I shall be making a couple of changes now, thanks to your blog and Crunchy Betty.

    I really hope Bare Minerals works for you! It may seem expensive, but it lasts for ages, so you won't have to buy new make-up very often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been considering Bare Minerals for years and I guess it's time I give it a try!

    Muse Mama.... Crunchy Betty has a honey wash that sounds pretty awesome that she recommends doing along with the OCM. I haven't tried it yet but I'm considering it.

    Linge.... Really play with those ratios and don't under estimate the power 1. really massaging the oils into your skin and 2. letting your face steam for a little bit longer than you think is needed. Get that rag hot and just relax and repeat it (I do it three times). If i'm in a hurry and don't steam as long I can tell a difference and I don't like it. I hope that will help you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use mineral makeup as well, but haven't tried Bare Minerals, just Avon. I read somewhere that there is a certain type to avoid, something about micro particles or something, that is bad for you to inhale. You may want to research that before you buy. I am pretty sure Avon does have the "bad" ingredient, but I think I found out about it right after I bought it so wanted to use it up. Hopefully I will be ok! Not sure if Bare Minerals had it. I really need to look into it again too!

    ReplyDelete