Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The First Cleanse.

I have to admit that I was planning to start the OCM - we know by now that OCM stands for Oil Cleansing Method - a night ago when all of my oils had arrived but I chicken out.  Well tonight ladies and gentlemen, I did it! Ahhh.  Here are my details.


  • It doesn't smell good.  It's not unbearable but it's not exactly pleasant.  But hey it's all natural.
  • It does feel good.  It's like giving your face a little massage.  That part helped take my mind off the smell.
  • I used a head band to keep my hair out of my face but I also tried not to massage the oil too close to my hair line.
  • The hot rag steaming part was my favorite by far.  I rinsed my rag and repeated that step 3 times because I liked it so much.
  • I tried to be as gentle as I could while wiping the oil off.  I rinsed my rag and repeated this step 3 times to be safe.  I also paid close attention to my hair line, neck line, eyebrows, sides of my nose and upper lip to make sure I really got it all off.  They say leaving oil residue can lead to breakouts so I want to be safe. 
  • My skin does feel soft, and not too oily not too dry.  I think the ratio - 50/50 with a tiny drop of tea tree - was pretty good, for now at least.  
  • After I finished I rub the top of the tea tree bottle with my finger and then rubbed a tiny amount of it on the largest zit currently occupying my face.  
  • The recent cold weather has caused a strange dryness on my checks.  You can't really see it but it feels funky.  So, I rubbed a tiny amount of the Jojoba oil into my checks after the cleanse.  


I'm even going to show you a picture.
You're welcome.

Until tomorrow.  Happy Cleansing.

No comments:

Post a Comment