Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In the beginning.

In the beginning there was skin and the skin was unruly.  I'm 22 and as long as I've know what zits are I've had them.  We've been through a lot together but about two weeks ago I decided I really had to end the relationship.  The dermatologist gave me some cream -it could've been mayonnaise for all I knew- Pro Active - made the skin too dry - everything on the skin care aisle at Walgreens - made the zits invite 3 friends to the party and the latest warrior Murad - always let a small army stay and fight.

Over this past summer I saw lots of girls washing their faces -I worked at a theater.  I couldn't help but notice one girl who never washed her face after the show -meanwhile I'm bringing in a different cleanser every night.  I finally had to ask why she never washed her face and why she had not one zit! Grr.  She was very open to the question and proceeded to tell me all about the Oil Cleansing Method.  My skin crawled at the thought of cleaning my face with oil -after all wasn't that the stuff I was trying to get rid of- yet I was very intrigued.

I wasn't intrigued enough until about two weeks ago when I knew I had to do something.  I don't want to have to carry around concealer with me 24/7.  I don't want to have to wear make-up if I'm feeling too lazy to put it on.  I want beautiful skin! People have it! I've seen it and I'm beyond jealous!  So here my journey begins.  I'm scared and not really sure what is going to happen, but I've also never been more excited to wash my face.

The reason I started this blog is to share the details.  I did hours upon hours of online research on the Oil Cleansing Method.  I found lots of information - obviously enough to start the regimen - but I feel like a lot of details were left out.  If I'm going to rub oils all over my face I want to know everything about it.  So, I promise to tell you everything.  I do not promise to spell everything correctly.  Sorry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment